Wednesday 16 April 2014

Thoughts on Implementation of Presentations in Future Classes

I feel that the presentation was a good experience for me, because it gave me a chance to experience presenting in a less stressful situation. I say that it is less stressful as this presentation was not graded. For me, knowing that it was not graded allowed me to perform better; I was less nervous than I would normally be for graded presentations. Furthermore, it was great to be able to choose to present on a topic I'm truly interested in as I was clear about what I had to present, and more eager to share what I thought was interesting with the class rather than just throw out information at them without thinking of its relevance.

Another aspect that contributed to the positive experience of presentation was that everyone in class was very very supportive. My confidence in presenting definitely increased when I heard positive feedback for me, even though I felt like I was just blabbering at that point of the presentation.

All in all, I feel that an ungraded presentation would be beneficial to ES1102 because it would provide students with a fulfilling experience and a chance to to know that presentations can be more enjoyable and less stressful!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, WeiQin, for the detailed and insightful reflection.

    ReplyDelete